Sunday, 14 May 2017

Third Year - Reflective Statement

When I first began this project I wasn’t sure if I would be able to complete it. I had faith in my idea but was unsure about my technical skills, particularly to take on a project of this capacity. I was motivated to create my own animated short, to create something that was mine alone.   

I have learned new skills and gained experience in compositing, modelling, texturing and other technical skills in Maya and Adobe products through constant use and learning from the internet and from my tutors. It has not been without difficulty and in fact there are many points were I struggled and needed help and even now, looking back, I can still say that I still need help with those problems. But I can say that I have learned so much since I have come here, experience it seems is one of the greatest teachers.

Looking back I wish I had come to my tutors help sooner rather than later, it would’ve saved time and enabled me to progress faster. I am not sure why I did not ask for help originally, prehaps out of some belief that I could overcome the difficulties myself or out of the belief that my problems did not warrant attention.

I am also pleased that I have made it this far, the ranks of our class have thinned since first year and there have been times when I have pondered whether or not I may end up with them. Yet here I am with my finished project.

I am proud of what I have created and although it certainly isn’t perfect I am proud to look back at my third year with the satisfaction that my hard work has payed off. More importantly I am proud to look at what I have created and feel a sense of pride that I have made something worthwhile that I can show off to the world. I do not mean this in an arrogant manner, I can simply say that when people ask about Space Pug I can say that it is my creation.

After finishing this project I can say that I find satisfaction in creating things in 3D, the process isn't easy to do but the results can be amazing and very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment