Sunday, 4 January 2015

Maya Winter Submission - Old Alley - Bump Maps


I've often thought when playing games on Xbox or PC how difficult it must've been for game designers to model and texture every single surface with such detail, then I heard about bumps maps. They must've saved so much time and effort, such a good idea. If I'd done this tutorial earlier I might've integrated it into my final scene.

The process of doing this looked quite complicated but was rewarding at the end, it makes the scene look very realistic with not necessarily minimal effort or a shortcut but a novel means.

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with everything you've said there, Max! It makes such a difference, doesn't it?! I had trouble rendering mine in mental ray for some reason though. :( Will definitely be using bump maps again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it does, such a useful thing to do :) Oh really? how come? I'll see you tomorrow :)

      Delete