Thursday, 30 October 2014

What if? Metropolis - Travelogue

LOG - 1_
DATE: 29th OCTOBER 2014
LOCATION : Outside the city

"It's quiet out here and its getting dark, I am making my way towards the horizon, I can see a city. This could be a good place to lay low for a bit. I can't stay out here forever. I can see bright colours, is that really a city or am I hallucinating?"

WORD COUNT: 53
LOG ENDS_




LOG - 2_
DATE: 30th OCTOBER 2014
LOCATION : City Suburbs

"So made my first incursion into the city, not quite sure what to make of the place, lots of very colourful buildings and the place is littered with strange animals, found a garden full of pointed trees. There seem to be a lot of creatures scuttling around the streets, pets of some kind? Some eccentric owners around here."

WORD COUNT: 58
TOTAL COUNT: 111
LOG ENDS_




LOG - 3_
DATE: 30th OCTOBER 2014
LOCATION : City Centre

"Found an art gallery, looks like a nice place, they're showing an exhibition of plant life here on yellow banners. Found it quiet interesting."

WORD COUNT: 82
TOTAL COUNT: 193
LOG ENDS_




LOG - 4_
DATE: 2nd NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATON: City Centre

"I moved on this afternoon to the city centre, the buildings here are quite cubish and employ a lot of strange shapes. Must've hired some fancy architect, the people here walk right past you without even saying a single word, it's like they can't even see me, maybe they're moving too fast. I like this part of the city nonetheless, feels a lot more exciting, a lot more interesting. If I look I can see some taller buildings amidst an underground subway like area, there are also signs towards a zoo. Maybe I'll visit one day."

WORD COUND: 96
TOTAL COUNT: 289
LOG ENDS_




LOG - 5_
DATE: 2nd NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATION: Western Suburbs

"So I've moved onto another suburb, this time on the west of the city, the streets are quite basic with just houses and small forests lining the roads. The sun is setting now over the houses, it  looks very beautiful here. I can see some families having an evening party in one of the houses gardens, the aroma is intoxicating. They look like colourful people, I want to go over and sit with them but their treatment of me in the city centre makes me think they don't trust strangers."

"I don't know why but it feels like the weather will change soon."

WORD COUNT: 103
TOTAL COUNT: 392
LOG ENDS_




LOG - 6_ 
DATE: 2nd NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATION: Highrise structure, somewhere in the city south

"I've managed to get myself up a skyscraper and am looking down at the city, its night now and the lights are flourishing everywhere. I've found the buildings here look a little...odd. The buildings look like they've been cobbled together in some kind of set form using different shapes, the builders of this place must've made different designs for each sector of the city. I wonder why they've done that. The people here are different too, more friendly, they acknowledge you at least."

"This city is so colourful, even with all the different designs of the buildings it's still so full of bright colours. I like this place. Well the buildings at least."

WORD COUNT: 114
TOTAL COUNT: 506
LOG ENDS_




LOG - 7_
DATE: 2nd November 2014
LOCATION: Greenhouse suburb

"Its now fast approaching 10pm and I've wandered into some kind of large greenhouse, if you can call it that. It is so large that it feels like a city in its own right. There is no noise here, nothing. No wind, no animals (at least from what I've heard) and no humans. I can hear my own heartbeat it's so quiet. Moonlight is shining through the window panes, it's oddly peaceful, it makes me think about things. I might stay here a while."

WORD COUNT: 84
TOTAL COUNT: 590
LOG ENDS_




LOG - 8_
DATE: 2nd NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATION: New Sector 


"I've left the greenhouse and have moved onto New Sector; a strange area of the city. The structures here are blob like and have strange appendages hanging off of them. Some of these structures have been made out of stone kind of hard material. Not quite sure what it is. Its cold out here but there are bright lights and the streets are littered with small strange holes almost like they belong to small animals. I need to tread lightly, this place doesn't seem safe."

WORD COUNT: 85
TOTAL COUNT: 670
LOG ENDS_




LOG - 9_
DATE: 3rd NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATION: City Edge 

"I have reached the edge of the city, or at least what I think the edge is. It's like a cliff edge with a sheer drop, some scattered wire structures leaping out from it. They look like industrial buildings. I can't see the floor, it's a sheer drop. I can see a few people around here, they appear to be mining something from the over the edges, I don't know what, it doesn't look safe. Found an old greasy spoon hanging over the edge, probably a stop off for the workers."

"I want to make my way back to the city centres, I saw a highway of some sort, it was suspended in the air, must go see what that's all about. It might enable me to access different parts of the city from there." 

WORD COUNT: 135
TOTAL COUNT: 805
LOG ENDS_ 




LOG - 10_
DATE: 3rd NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATION: Elevator 


"This place is new; it's like a big...tower, lift, strange thing. I call it the "elevator". I can't quite quantify what this structure is but it is obviously important, feels like some kind of industrial building. The workers here are like the people in the city; they ignore you, can't say I blame them, they're probably too busy watching over the machinery. I watch as cargo or something of the like is moved up and down, they seem to be moving large objects that look like sculptures, this place could be some kind of art repository. Maybe I can buy myself a souvenir from my travels here."


WORD COUNT: 108
TOTAL COUNT: 913
LOG ENDS_ 




LOG - 11_
DATE: 3rd NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATION: Building site, somewhere north


"Found an interesting new place here, some kind of building site but instead of being manned by builders it was manned by the people who own the houses, kind of like owners making their own homes. They had wire structures and were drapping coloured slabs over the wire to make a wall. It was deeply interesting to watch, I sat for a while observing this, the people didn't seem to mind me watching, they even seemed to welcome it like showing off their work."


WORD COUNT: 84
TOTAL COUNT: 997
LOG ENDS_ 




LOG - 12_
DATE: 5th NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATION: Market place

"This place is massive, so busy and so much activity, I've already been bumped into about 5 times by busy customers, the smells and sights here are amazing. I can smell food and spices and...I don't know, something sweet. I'm not entirerly sure what the traders take for currency these days, they seem to exchange small stones as legal tedner, my wallet is full of nothing, I spent all my dimes on getting to this place. Maybe they'll take a shoe in trade?"

"The traders are moving their businesses, literally, right before my eyes, they pack up and move onto any spare spit of land or surface. Such a quickly changing place, it is so fun to be here!"


WORD COUNT: 120
TOTAL COUNT:1117
LOG ENDS_ 




LOG - 13_
DATE: 5th NOVEMBER 2014
LOCATION: City limits

"I enjoyed the market, I even managed to do a black market deal for my jacket in exchange for some lapis lazuli, strange how things work out here but I'm not complaining. A passing trader even offered me alcoholic tea The time has come for me to leave, I'm making my way to the city edge and from there I will find the horizon. It'll be dark soon so I must go now."


WORD COUNT: 73
TOTAL COUNT: 1190
LOG ENDS_ 


3 comments:

  1. Max, the minimum word count is 1000, so you need to put a little more into it. But it reads great! I like the style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you're presenting this travelogue, it's a much more interesting idea to the usual "I went there and I saw this", I hope we can read more of that soon :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad to hear that it was entertaning, I'll be finished soon

      Delete